We are no closer in defeating the cyber-crimes or the cyber criminals when it comes to hacking that plagues the Internet. On the contrary, in the last decade the growth of cyber crimes like hacking, infecting a system with malware and virus has been on the rise. To protect our computers from such cyber attacks and to combat it on an everyday basis when the internet has become the dominant factor in our lives we have to have the antivirus software that can do the work. There are many antivirus software in the market but some of them have been a real game changer. Such antivirus software has been a boon to people who frequent the internet for various purposes.
One of the most used antivirus software in the market is Norton AntiVirus. This is an antivirus as well as an anti-malware software product. It was first released in 1991 by Symantec Corporation and then distributes it too. Norton AntiVirus is compatible with all the major operating systems, i.e. Microsoft Windows but it works only with Windows 95 and later versions, MacOS, and Linux.
For the purpose of identifying the viruses, it uses signatures and heuristics. Norton AntiVirus also has features like e-mail spam filtering and phishing protection. This allows the user to have a wide range of protection from virus and malware. A user can get a Norton AntiVirus product either in a box, download it or get it as OEM software.
Despite being the most used and effective antivirus software in the market Norton AntiVirus does get error messages at times. Such error messages are often a headache for the user since it not only slows or stops the functioning of the PC but also creates a scope for malware and virus attacks on the system. Hence it is crucial that as a user one is able to identify the error and know how to resolve the issue.
In this article, we will look into one such Norton Error that plagues the user. The Norton Error 3035 6 is an error that can be caused by various reasons. We will look in detail the causes, symptoms to identify Norton Error 3035 6 and how to resolve it.
Causes of Norton Error 3035 6
There are several reasons that can lead to the Norton 3035 6 error; typically they can range between the following:
- The error occurs primarily after you upgrade the Norton Internet Security
- Norton Internet Security Software has been downloaded that is corrupt or the installation has been incomplete.
- Either installation or uninstallation of the Norton Internet Security related software has led to the corruption of Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or Norton Internet Security related program files have been infected by virus or malware.
- Norton Internet Security related files have been deleted by another program either with malicious intent and on purpose or by mistake.
As a user of Norton AntiVirus, you should bear in mind that having the error 3035 6 or any of the 3035 error in your system becomes vulnerable to outside attacks.
Symptoms of Error 3035 6
The chances of 3035 6 error message have the propensity to appear maybe during the installation of a program when Norton Internet Security or such Symantec related software program is running. The error can also appear when you start or shut down the Windows. Even when you have installed the Norton Internet Security and you are installing the Windows operating system the error might appear. It is important that you take note when the Error 3035 6 is appearing on your screen as it might help you to resolve the issue.
Other symptoms that you can keep track of, which might result in the Error 3035 6 are:
- An active program window is crashed with the error message 3035 6 being displayed.
- When you run a particular program the Error 3035 6 appears and crashes your PC frequently.
- You see a sluggish response on your Windows from your keyboard inputs and mouse.
- For a few seconds, your computer freezes periodically.
- When such issues appear on a regular basis, there is a high chance that your system is having some issues and it is important you rectify it.
In case you do see the Error 3035 6 on your computer screen often try to troubleshoot it and it is important that you resolve the issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot Error 3035 6
Most of the time the error occurs after you update the Norton Security. Try to resolve the issue with LiveUpdates. Follow the steps.
Step 1: Run Live Update
– Start your Norton
– When you see the My Norton window beside the Device Security, click on the Open icon.
– In the main window then on the Security tab do a double-click
– Next, click on the LiveUpdate tab
– After the Norton LiveUpdate is finished click on the OK icon.
– Keep running the LiveUpdate until the message ‘Your Norton product has the latest protection updates’ message appears on the screen.
– Close and exit from all the programs
– Next, restart your computer
– Check if the issue of Error 3035 6 still persists
If the issue continues then go to the next step.
Step 2: Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool, Download and Run
Note: Uninstall Norton Family if you have it installed in your system before running Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
– First download Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
– Save the file on Windows desktop if it is not automatically saved. Some browsers save the program automatically in the default location.
– Press together Ctrl + J keys and open the Download window in your browser.
– On the icon, NRnR, do a double click.
– Click on Agree after reading the license agreement.
– Next, click on Remove & Reinstall button.
If the Norton product you have is from your service provider then you will see the Remove button.
– Next, click on Continue or Remove
– Finally when the item has been removed exit all the programs and restart your computer.
– After that follow the instructions given on-screen to reinstall the Norton product.
If the problem persists then follow the next steps.
But do bear in mind that each of the steps gets progressively difficult and time-consuming. Hence try to troubleshoot the Error 3035 6 with these steps in ascending order. Also, do check after each step whether it has helped in resolving the issue. Once the issue is resolved then there is no need to implement the next steps.
Step 3: Scan Your PC For Malware
There is the risk that the error 3035 6 is being caused by a malware that has infected your PC. Often the malware can corrupt, damage and even delete files thus causing the Error 3035 6.
Step 4: Clean Your System
Often with long usage of a PC, lots of junk files get collected automatically when you surf the web. These junk files result in the PC working slowly and the Norton Internet Security responds slowly too thus causing the Error 3035 6. So to stop the overload on the hard drive and file conflicts do run a Disk Cleanup to remove the temporary files and solve the 3035 6 error issue.
Step 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Norton Internet Security
In case the Error 3035 6 is associated with a specific program then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Norton Internet Security related software to resolve the issue.
Step6: Update Your PC Driver
Often outdated or corrupt PC drivers can cause the Error 3035 6. At times a driver might work fine one day and the next day it stops working and the reason for this can be manifold. It is hence recommended that you always update your PC driver. However, locating the right PC driver for Error 3045 6 related hardware can be difficult, even if it is from Symantec or related manufacturer. So while it is difficult to find, installing and updating it manually can be time-consuming too. Furthermore, installing the wrong or incompatible driver can cause even more problems than solving it, hence we recommend contacting a professional to do the job.
Step 7: Repair Registry Entries Associated With Error 3035 6
If and when you have to do the manual editing of the Windows registry to troubleshoot the Norton Error 3035 6 it is highly recommended that you get professional help. This process of repairing the registry entries associated with Error 3035 6 is highly technical and even a minute mistake can create irrevocable damage to the operating system. So the editing needs to be done by a professional. Also, for this step, you need to create a backup of the portion of the registry related to Error 3035 6 that needs to be edited by exporting it.
If all these steps fail to resolve the issue try to install all the updates available for Windows and even if that does not troubleshoot the problem then perform a clean installation of the Windows. As a last resort when all the steps fail you contact the customer service of Norton or a professional to help you to resolve the Error 3035 6 issue.